Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Episode 4, Check Engine Light Basics

I know I'm late in getting this one up but as they say better late than never. If I'm honest I don't consider this my best video. There are the technical issues for sure bur more importantly I don't think I was able to convey the information as well as I would like. There can be quite a bit to a check engine light diagnosis and I don't think I can cover all of those possibilities in just one video. We can take this one as a trial run and I will post something more concise in the future. Speaking of the future I have a couple of videos on tap for the very near future that I hope will interest you. One is on Oil Change Basics and the other is on Tire Basics. I'm shooting them at the end of the week and hope to have them edited by the beginning of the following week.

Yesterday I shot one of the first videos that will be available on DVD in the future, Honda V6 Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacement. I got some great footage and know this will be helpful to anyone attempting that service for the first time. This is a bolt by bolt how to video that I know will benefit anyone who watches it. I've also put a few things in there like how to break a crank bolt loose without using special tools. Look for it on sale at the EricTheCarGuy website in the not so distant future.

I also have some other footage that I have shot of other repairs that will not appear on YouTube or on the website. These videos will also be made available on DVD starting mid summer.

I have also added a service link to the website for those in the Cincinnati area looking for automotive service from EricTheCarGuy. I may use your repair on the show. Just click on the Service link at the top of the home page for contact information.

See the video

Stay dirty, and I will see you next time

ETCG

No comments:

Post a Comment