Saturday, February 7, 2009

How To Change A Tire With The Tools In Your Car

I'm in the process of uploading the latest episode of EricTheCarGuy entitled "How To Change a Flat Using The Tools In Your Car". It is as the title states a step by step overview of changing a flat. I realize that this may be beneath many of you however I have done my best to show some tips that I think will be helpful to viewers of all skill levels. Some of the tips however did not make the final cut because YouTube will only allow videos up to 10:00min in duration. No worries because I plan to compile this tip among others at a later date on a DVD that I plan to make.

I took the time to phone the Ohio State Patrol to see if they had anything to add to keep drivers safe should they ever encounter anything like this. Their recommendations were as follows:

First, do whatever possible to get off the road or highway to a safe area. Second, if you have no choice but to perform this on the side of the road, pull over to the right side of the road not the left. Other drivers will not be expecting a disabled vehicle on the left side of the road. The other item of note is to make yourself as visible as possible to other drivers by turning your 4 ways on and setting up flares or reflectors to help ensure your safety.

For the rest, see the video. It is posted on YouTube and EricTheCarGuy.com.

1 comment: