Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Episode 6, Tire Basics

Well I guess it is about time I got this posted, I've had it for more than a week. The thing about these videos is that whenever I shoot them and start to edit I think of 12 other things that I should have covered. I guess I can take the point of view that I will have plenty of work to do in the future, I suppose that is a good thing for me and you casual reader.

Yes, tire basics, as I said in the video the most important thing on your car or truck. If you are going to spend extra money, or any money on your vehicle for that matter, tires will give you the best return by far. A good set of tires can make event the scrappiest of "hoopties" drive like a new Cadillac. Of course there are other things that make your ride what it is but all of the other stuff comes down to where the "rubber meets the road".

I think I might make kind of an amendment to this one covering the importance of alignments, tire rotation and tire pressure and how they affect tire wear and fuel economy. I also was not as happy with how I covered the meaning of the numbers on the sidewall, I'm thinking more of an interactive type of thing that illustrates the meanings better. I might end up with some kind of cool animation or something. I'm still happy with it don't get me wrong but I'm rarely completely satisfied. Perhaps you might have some suggestions on topics that you want covered. I might run a contest for the best car question but I'm not sure what I would give away.

Here is the link that I used to get the majority of the information for the video. TireRack is one of the best places to get tires on the Internet in my opinion by the way. They have a tremendous resource for this kind of information as well, I recommend you check them out if you get the time.

I'm not sure what the future holds at the moment because I have a lot of "heavy" work scheduled for the next couple of weeks that is too advanced for what I want to cover at this point. These are things that will show up in the future on DVD such as a transmission replacement on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, as well as rear main seal and headlight replacement. I also might have a GM 2.4 head gasket and timing chain for you. Thing is that I don't cover these topics with the posted videos I'm saving them for DVD where I can take my time and give you all the dirty details.

See the video.


As always visit me at EricTheCarGuy.com for the latest.

Stay safe and stay dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment