Sunday, September 13, 2009

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering Repair

This is one of those videos that I did because the repair fell into my lap. I had some help from Jason Matherson the owner of this jeep with the camera on this one, thanks Jason. Well I think the video speaks for itself on this one, loose steering, loose parts, replace them and get an alignment, pretty straight forward in the end. A few exceptions however, during the repair I ran into a couple of snags. First, everything was rusted together as expected and I had to break out the "big red wrench" (torches for those of you not familiar with the term) to get things apart. Next I had trouble installing one of the new tie rods because I did not lube the heck out of it with oil before I installed it. I almost ran out of gas when taking the second end loose and barley got this job done. In the end after a bit of sweat and tears I won the day and Jason drove away happy. He got an alignment the next day and says it drives like a new car. He is looking to get another set of tires now that things are all tight and straight, and I have lived to fight another day.

On a side note I'm working on a deal to get some t-shirts made so look for this in the not too distant future.

Hope you enjoy the video.

See the video

Visit me at EricTheCarGuy.com

Stay dirty

ETCG

No comments:

Post a Comment